■ Establishment of Gwangju Energy Valley
- ㅇ Concept of the Gwangju Energy Valley: The whole Gwangju interacting with the project partner, as part of Bitgaram Energy Valley
- ㅇ Project Overview
- Period : 2015-2020
- Vision: Building the next generation energy hub city
■ Establishment of Bitgaram Energy Valley
The establishment of Bitgaram Energy Vally is a project implemented by KEPCO upon relocation of the office to Gwangju and Jeollanam-do Province with the aim to develop mutually with the regional community.
- ㅇ Period: 2015-2020
- ㅇ Location: Bitgaram Innovation City, around Gwangju and Jeollanam-do
- ㅇ Implemented by: Gwangju, Jeonnam (Naju), KEPCO, Korea Power Exchange, KEPCO Plant Service & Engineering Co., KEPCO Knowledge Data Network Co.
- ㅇ Goal
- Invest over KRW 10 billion annually
- Attract 500 companies and nurture 1,000 professional personnel by 2020
■ Cooperation on Development of Electric Power Technology
□ The first joint project in conjunction with the relocation of the Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO).
- ㅇ Project Name: The regional industry promotion project in line with growth center
- ㅇ Period/Location: August 2014 to July 2017 (3 years)/Gwangju and Jeonnam area
- ㅇ Organizer/Participant: Local governments (Gwangju and Jeonnam), KEPCO, regional innovation-related organizations and companies
- ㅇ Project Content: Development and networking of hybrid microgrid (MG) in islands, and microgrid energy storage system (ESS)
□ Establishment of Ecosystem for Internet of Things (IoT) Industry
- ㅇ Period/Location : September 2015 to August 2017 (2 years)/Around Gwangju
- ㅇ Project Participants: Honam University, Gwangju Techno Park, KEPCO Plant Service & Engineering Co., Energy & HAVC Co., Korea Electronics Technology Institute (KETI), etc.
- ㅇ Project Content: Demonstration and industrialization of long and short period hybrid ESS
□ Demonstration and Industrialization of HVDC Technology Development
■ Expantion of Research Infrastructure of Energy Valley
- 2015-2022 (8 years)
- In the Energy Valley National Industrial Complex / Phase one site 49,587 ㎡, building area 6,422 ㎡ * Construction permit(April 9, 2018)
- Completion of foundation construction (December 2019), development of electric power technology and support for companies (from January 2020)
- 2013-2022 (10 years)
- In Gwangju Special Zone for R&D / Site 23,150 ㎡, building area 5,111 ㎡
- Completion of foundation construction (construction complete in October 2017 / equipment brought in March 2018)
- Opening Ceremony (March 12 2018), Technology development of energy storage and bioenergy and support fostering industry (from March 2018)