Overseas Investment Support
Through business partnerships with countries in all parts of the world, Invest Korea
supports overseas investments for the development of Korean SMEs in global markets
as well as the creation of global jobs.
What is foreign direct investment?
It is the combined transfer of tangible (capital, labor) resources and intangible (knowledge, know-how, technology, etc.) factors of production from Korean firms to potential recipients of overseas investment.
- Support Domestic Companies Invest Overseas
- Support Reshoring Companies
- Support M&A of Korean Companies
- Help resolve difficulties related to local operations and provide relative information.
- Support the successful reshoring of Korean companies in overseas markets
- Support companies enter overseas markets, secure advanced technologies, and production /marketing bases through M&A
- Provides expert consultations on local operations
- Holds seminars and forums on current issues in foreign investment and business
- Networks with government and related agencies of the country of residence
- Provides comprehensive consultations for companies looking to reshore
- Receives applications and evaluates companies that are looking to reshore
- Helps discover promising products overseas through KOTRA’s trade centers and M&A consulting firms
- Provides consultations on overseas M&A purchases and researches local laws and regulations
- Holds briefing sessions on M&A deal sourcing and consultations
Current Status of Korean Investment Company Support Centers
- North Asia
- South Asia
(2018, 21 regions in 14 countries)
Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Guangzhou, Shenyang, Dalian, Moscow, Vladivostok, Ulaanbaatar
North Asia (9 regions, 3 countries)
Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Jakarta, Bangkok, Manila, Yangon, Phnom Penh, New Delhi
South Asia (8 regions, 7 countries)
Frankfurt, Warsaw, Mexico City, Sao Paulo
Europe and the Americas (4 regions, 4 countries)