map
home > NEWS&EVENT
2020.03.13
Views :
12
Gangwon Prov. to run a KRW 9.7 billion PPDEP


According to Yonhap News,
Gangwon Province is pushing ahead with a “Provincial Pollutant Discharge Elimination Project (PPDEP)”, mainly targeting local SMEs.

According to the local authorities on Mar. 4, roughly KRW 9.7 budget will be spend on the PPDEP, cracking down on 106 sites in 18 municipal districts within the province. Those to be given priority are businesses with plants older than 10 years or under disputes of civil complaints near residential areas.

To join the service, visit www.provin.gangwon.kr and check out the notice on the board. The opening of the project is valid until the middle of next month.

Once selected, candidates can be given 90 percent of installation cost in the form of subsidies, which means they pay for the rest 10 percent.

The pollution prevention system in 53 business sites has already made much progress as the authorities have placed the provincial budget, KRW 4.9 billion, in place to push on the project. If it’s well implemented, nearly 40 percent of the pollutants long blamed to be the very cause of fine dust appears to decline.




Source Text


Copyrights Yonhap News. All Rights Reserved.
Reprint or redistribution without permission is prohibited.



Source: Gangwon province / Yonhap News (Mar. 5 , 2020)



*This article was translated from Korean.
INVEST KOREA

13, Heolleung-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (06792) | E-mail ikonline@kotra.or.kr

Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency | Copyright 2006. Invest KOREA. All rights reserved.