Jeju Island is critically positioned at the heart of East Asia, connecting Russia, China, Japan and East Asia, linking the continent to the ocean.
Major metropolises such as Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai are easily reachable via short, direct ﬂights from Jeju, and 16 megacities with populations of over one million are within a three-hour ﬂight distance.
Securing autonomy in all areas, excluding defense, foreign affairs, and the justice system
· Ending the previous basic self-governing system to raise administrative efficiency
- 1 province, 4 cities (si) and/or counties (gun) ⇒ 1 province, 2 administrative cities (haengjeong si)
· Introducing a negative system to ease regulations
- Replacing central regulations with voluntary regulations
Securing a foundation for nurturing IT, BT, and other high-tech industries
· Jeju Science Park (1,099 m²)
· Jeju Lava Seawater General Industrial Complex (197,341 m²)
· Urban High-Tech Industrial Complex
· Innocity Industry-Academia Cooperation Cluster
· Jeju Venture Maru
· Support for Specialized IT and BT Technology Development
· High-Tech Industry Investment Promotion Policies: expansion of subsidies and loans, etc.
Reinforcing support for the tourism industry to attract investment
ㆍImproving tourists’ accessibility to Jeju
- Construction of Jeju New Airport: MOLIT airport development based on mid- to long-term comprehensive plan (20162020)
- Expansion of large-scale cruise ship docking facilities: 80,000-ton scale at Jeju Port (docking capacity: up to 140,000 tons)
ㆍ Transfer of the national government’s 3 major tourism laws: Tourism Promotion Act, International Conference Industry promotion Act, Tourism Promotion and Development Fund Act
- Establishment and enforcement of customized tourism policies now possible
- Easing of condominium regulations: 5 persons per room à 1 person per room (foreigners) / 2 persons per room (Korean nationals)
- Expansion of tourism area education, medical and residential facilities
INVEST KOREA IS THE KOREAN NATIONAL INVEST PROMOTION AGENCY(IPA)
13, Heolleung-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (137-749)
Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency | Copyright. Invest KOREA. All rights resrved.