Island Jeju 2030
By 2030, Jeju aims to complete its mid-to-long term project by
converting 100% of its electricity generation to renewable energy and
replacing 100% of its vehicles with electric vehicles.
- Electricity supply mainly from wind (55%), photovoltaic (33%) and other new renewable energy
- Injecting private capital worth of KRW 15 trillion to expand installation of ESS (Energy Storage System)
- 15,500 electric vehicles and 14,100 chargers available as of now (highest number in the nation)
- 100% replacement of existing vehicles in Jeju with electric vehicles by 2030
- Maximizing electricity consumption efﬁciency by increasing the number of smart houses by 2030
- Providing BEMS (Building Energy Management System) to 29 locations, AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) to 15,000 apartment homes and 391,000 households on the island
and Growth Potential
Rich biodiversity with 8,000 species makes Jeju a repository of bio-genetic resources, holding huge potential for growth in BT industries, including cosmetics. Jeju’s image of purity is leveraged in the F&B and cosmetics markets for varied commercialization of its natural assets: underground water which contains healthy natural minerals and lava seawater enriched with nutritious salts.
Ingredients for Cosmetics
- 272 ingredients from Jeju are listed on the International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary and Handbook (ICID)
- Currently working to lay foundation for industrialized cosmetic ingredients market by utilizing excellent biological resources
- Operating Jeju cosmetics certiﬁcation system (certiﬁcation mark submitted for registration in 16 foreign countries and registered in 12 countries)
- Regional quality certification system on cosmetic products operated for the ﬁrst time by a local self-governing body to enable strict quality control
- Versatile in numerous sectors including cosmetics, beverages, food, etc.
‘Jeju Samdasoo’ produced by Jeju Province Development Corporation: a successful case of commercialization of Jeju’s water resource.
Since its release in 1998, it has been ranked no. 1 in the Korean market for 20 years.
In 2018, it recorded the highest domestic sales volume, selling 840,000 tons.
- Amount available for continuous usage: 1.768 million tons/day (38.5% of underground water recharge)
- Amount permitted for intake: 1.6 million tons/day (90% of the amount available for continuous usage)
- The Lava Seawater industrialization Support Center Buildings #1 and #2 host businesses in cosmetics, food and lava seawater
- Lava seawater supply: total of 15 companies supplying 19,009m3
- Lava Seawater Industrial Complex: 197,341m2 (hosting 8 companies in beverage, cosmetics, food businesses)