Shortcut to Body Shortcut to main menu

News & Event

  • Home
  • News
  • News & Event
Jeju Island selected 5 towns to be energy sufficient

According to Yonhap News,

Five small towns in Jeju Island will be named as “energy-sufficient communities”, candidates to receive national support as part of renewable energy initiatives.
Jeju Island announced on May 11 that the provincial authorities are ready to select five finalists, set to join a public contest for 2021 renewable energy initiatives.
Those who’ve applied for the project are known to be Ara-dong, Nohyeng-dong, Hallim-eup, Jocheon-eup, Yerae-dong, Daejeong-eup, Namwon-eup.
The assessment process for selection took place on May 12.
The project aims to help communities sufficient in energy by installing home backup generators. Nearly 80 percent of the upfront cost is covered by the budget and the rest 20 percent is out of pocket expenses.
Jeju Island has launched the renewable energy initiatives since last 2014, establishing arrays of photovoltaic and solar power plants in Gangjeong-dong.

Source Text

Copyrights Yonhap News. All Rights Reserved.
Reprint or redistribution without permission is prohibited.

Source: Yonhap News (May 11 , 2020)

** This article was translated from Korean.