Port Logistics Industry
- Strategic Industries
- Port Logistics Industry
With an aim to become the marine capital in the northeastern era connecting the world and the future and a principal city that will create international order, Busan is exerting its utmost effort to construct port logistics infrastructure around a world-class port and state-of-the-art logistics complex.
Establishment of international industrial logistics city
Busan New Port
New airport in Gadeokdo Island
Strengthen the global competitiveness of Busan New Port
The Busan New Port around Gadeokdo Island Gangseo-gu, will be constructed by 2020 and it will strengthen the port’s global competitiveness.
- Construction of 45 container berths
- Dredging of New Port’s main sea route and the removal of Todo Island (2010–2017)
- Construction of Busan New Port’s logistics complex, including an oil tanker terminal and a large-sized repair shipyard (1995–2020)
- Construction of a one-stop joint logistics center
- Construction of a new airport on Gadeokdo Island as the 2nd national gateway, which can be operated all day around.
Establish international logistics complex around Busan New Port
Construct a world-class high-tech industry and logistics complex until 2020 on a 33 ㎢ land in the Gangseo region.
- International integrated logistics complex, high-tech industry complex, R&D complex, etc.
- Step-wise promotion of the local industrial complex, eco delta city and water-friendly zone, special R&D zone, aviation cluster, and general industrial complex
Redevelop the Busan North Port, a gateway to Eurasia
Transform about 1.53 million ㎢ land from the coastal pier to Pier 4 of Busan Port into a beautiful and world-class port equipped with multiple urban functions until 2020.
- An important venue for maritime tourism and business that is equipped with harbor, leisure, and commercial facilities
- Rearrangement of railway facilities around Busan Station (2013–2023)
- Designate it as a model district of the special maritime economy zone and promote the convergence of relevant industries
Realize the marine creative economy
Concentration of marine- and fishery-related institutions because of the movement of public and relevant institutions
- Construct an innovation cluster for marine and fishery public institutions in Dongsim Innovation District
- Establish a polar region expansion base such as the North Pole Research Center and network construction
- Build a base for the marine creative industry R&D promotion through establishing the marine bio industrial complex and marine super computing center
Build a global seafood cluster
Construction of a world-class marine and fishery space in connection with the nearby tourism resources
- Modernization of Busan Cooperative Fish Market (2015–2018)
- Making Jagalchi global fisheries a world-famous place (2013–2018)
- Construction of the Head Tower for seafood industry cluster (Sea Food Valley) (2015–2020)
- Movement of the Yeongnam regional HQ quarantine station and Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency (2010–2016)