Shortcut to Body Shortcut to main menu

News & Event

  • Home
  • News
  • News & Event
Tourists to Chungbuk-do Surpassed 50 million for the First Time
Date
2011.02.14
Views
800
제목 없음

According to Yonhap News,

 

The number of tourists to Chungbuk-do (North Chungcheong Province) exceeded 50 million for the first time.

 

According to Chungbuk on February 10th, 51,338,000 people visited 278 tourist attractions (133 free facilities, 145 charging facilities) in the Province last year, 17.5% or 7.65 million more than last year’s figure (43,688,000).

 

A total of 33,968,000 tourists visited free tourist attractions, and 17,370,000 tourists enjoyed charging tourism facilities. The number of foreign tourists of last year is 624,000.

 

The Province said that it carried out an enumeration survey twice a month on a weekday and a holiday and calculated the arithmetic mean to get the number of people who visited free tourism facilities.

 

By city and gun, 10,161,000 visitors came from Jecheon, 8,679,000 from Danyang, 6,421,000 from Chungju, 6,245,000 from Cheongwon, and 3,752,000 from Yeongdong.

 

The most popular attraction was Uirimji in Jecheon (2,876,000) among free attractions and Daemyeong condo in Danyang (1,733,000) among charging attractions.

 

An official of Chungbuk said “the result is attributed to the cooperation among administrative bodies and the tourism industry in ‘Visit Chungcheong Year,’” and added “we plan to attract 55 million tourists this year.”

 

Source Text

 

Source: Yonhap News (Feb. 10, 2011)

 

**This is an English translation of a Korean news article.