Shortcut to Body Shortcut to main menu

Invest KOREA News

• Home
  • About Us
  • Newsroom
  • Invest KOREA News
Invest Korea holds Friends of Invest Korea 2014 Closing Ceremony
Date

- Foreign students in Korea promoted Korea’s investment environment through visiting foreign-invested companies

Invest Korea, the investment promotion arm of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), held the closing ceremony of the second year of the Friends of Invest KOREA on June 27.

The 3-month program began last April. Thirty-five students from 25 countries promoted the excellent investment environment of Korea via social media. They visited eight foreign-invested companies that have succeeded here, including CISCO’s Global Center of Excellence, SIEMENS Ltd. Seoul and Merck Korea. They wrote reports on the companies and their experiences, which were shared on Invest Korea’s social media channel.

They also took part in cultural experiences, including a kimchi-making session, temple visit and tea ceremony.

“I have learned that the passionate and skilled human resources of Korea are the best resources to attract foreign investors,” said Joseph Mitchell Nes, who was chosen as the program’s most outstanding participant. “I will do my best to promote this to others.”

Kira Potowski, a student from Germany, said, “I could understand the miracle of the Han River through meeting the CEOs of foreign-invested companies. I will take the initiative to introduce the power, potential and excellent culture of Korea to other businesses in advanced countries.”

Kiwon Han, the Commissioner of Invest Korea, said, “The Friends of Invest Korea have promoted Korea to the world with great passion over the last three months.” The students will continue promoting Korea as honorary members of the program.

Source: Invest KOREA (2014.06.30)
Meta information