Shortcut to Body Shortcut to main menu

Invest Korea

※ Click the button below to use Customized Information Search services.
Quick Link to Customized Information Search services

Investment News

  • Home
  • Information Center
  • Newsroom
  • Investment News
Hyundai Oilbank, Shell Launches Base Oil JV
제목 없음


Hyundai Oilbank Co., and Shell officially launched a base oil lubricant joint venture Wednesday in a bid to help both companies expand their market presence in Asia.

The new Hyundai and Shell Base Oil. Co., is expected to begin commercial production in the second half of 2014, with daily output to reach around 20,000 barrels.

Hyundai Oilbank, one of South Korea's leading refiners, owns a 60 percent stake in the company while Shell, a global oil and gas company controls the remaining 40 percent.

"A production facility for base oil will be built at Hyundai's existing Daesan plant with the base oil to be shipped to China and other Asian countries using Shell's extensive sales networks," a press release said.

China is currently the largest consumer of base oil products, which are mixed with various additives to make lubricants for cars, ships and other industrial machinery.

Daesan is located some 110 kilometers southwest of Seoul, with the base oil plant to be built on a 33,000 square-meter site. Construction is expected to begin in October.

Hyundai Oilbank said the joint venture marked the start of the company's growth into a full-fledged energy company.

Source Text


Source: Yonhap News (Apr. 4, 2012)

Meta information