- Industries and Sites
- Site Info
- Local governments
■ Chuncheon-si, Gangwon-do
- Area: 1,116㎢ (1.84 times that of Seoul)
- Population: 280,000 (110,000 households)
- GRDP (2011): KRW 4.552 trillion *15.1% of Gangwon-do's total GRDP (KRW 30 trillion)
- Regional characteristics: A city of hi-tech industry and leisure/tourism closely located to the Capital Area
※ Within 1 hour distance from the capital area, a suitable place for investment in IT, CT, Pharmaceutical, and Bio industry.
- Transportation network: ※ Within 1 hour distance from the capital area
- Seoul-Chuncheon Highway (Within 1 hour distance), Donghongchoeon-Yangyang Highway (to be completed in 2017)
- Double-track railroad connecting Seoul and Chuncheon (Within 1 hour distance), plan for high-speed railroad connecting Chuncheon and Sokcho, etc.
■ Project Overview
Establishment of Chuncheon Factory for Lease for Foreigner Investment Enterprises to facilitate small-scale FDIs.
□ Complex Overview
- Location: 61-10 Sinbuk-ro, Sinbuk-eup, Chuncheon-si (within Gangwon Techno park)
- Type: Standard Factory for Lease
- Size: 1 basement, 2 stories on the ground, 1 pavilion (gross floor area; 4,000㎡)
- Project Period: Jun. 13, 2013 ~ Dec. 31, 2014
□ Requirements and Benefits
- Qualification requirement for tenants: Foreign investment enterprises with KRW 100 mil. or more capital investment by foreigners.
- Rental fee: 4,538won/㎡ (for Factory 1; rental fee for Factory 2 to be decided before completion).
※ Rental fee: 50% less of the average rent in other commercial facilities in the area
※ The rental fee shall be charged for exclusive-use area only, which increases the space utilization ratio by 30% or more compared to other facilities in the area.
- Benefits for tenants: Extra points during the evaluation for TP projects beneficiary selection process for all tenants.
※ R&D support for new technology or products (by providing support to be selected for the government-funded support programs), market cost subsidies.
□ Key Indices and Business Infrastructure
|ㆍThe bio-industry of Chuncheon saw revenue growth of 10.7% from 2002 to 2012.|
- 45 tenant companies in the Chuncheon Bio Industry Promotion Agency.
- ISS Co., invested in by Battelle, SKAI invested in by the Scripps Research Institute.
ㆍDeveloped an ICT convergence cluster, including 34 tenants of the Gangwon Information and Culture Promotion Agency.
ㆍ2 universities, 1 teacher's university, 2 colleges, 1 polytech. III
- 30,000 students enrolled, 7,000 graduates each year. 4,500 students in IT, BT, and CT- related majors.
■ Wonju's Industrial Infrastructure
□ Investment Contacts
|ㆍInvestment Promotion Division: T.+82-33-249-2932|
ㆍChuncheon-si Business Support Team: T.+82-33-250-3327
ㆍAdministration Support Office (Facilities Operations Team), Gangwon Technopark: