- Investment Guide
- Living Information
- Transportation and Public · Convenient Facilities
SubwaySubways are available in Seoul and the metropolitan area, Busan, Daegu, Gwangju, and Daejeon. In general, the operating hours are from 5:30 am to midnight.
Currently, the base fare is KRW 1,250 in Seoul, Gyeonggi, and Incheon, and an additional fare is charged depending on travel distance. More details about additional fares are available at the Seoul Transportation Corporation website (www.seoulmetro.co.kr).
BusesBus Types and Fares
|Type of Bus||Blue (Trunk) Bus||Green (Branch) Bus||Yellow (Circulator) Bus||Red (Long-Distance) Bus||M-Bus||Standard Metropolitan Bus|
|Connect suburban areas to downtown and travels longer distances within the city than other types of buses (3-digit numbers)||Connect major subway stations and bus terminals in downtown Seoul (4-digit numbers)||Travel short distances in closed circular routes within downtown and the sub-center of the city (2-digit numbers)||Express buses that connect Seoul and neighboring metropolitan areas (4-digit numbers)||Express buses for metropolitan areas with fewer stops while prohibiting standing passengers||Operate over long distances to connect metropolitan cities and satellite cities while prohibiting standing passengers|
|Fares (in Seoul)||
(card) KRW 1,200
(cash) KRW 1,300
(card) KRW 1,100
(cash) KRW 1,200
(card) KRW 2,300
(cash) KRW 2,400
(card) KRW 2,400
(cash) KRW 2,500
(card) KRW 2,300
(cash) KRW 2,400
- Address : 194 Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul (Express Bus Terminal station)
- Contact Us : 1688-4700
- Website : www.exterminal.co.kr (Languages: Korean)
- Address : Address: 176 Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Contact Us : 02-6282-0114
- Website : www.hticket.co.kr (Languages: English, Chinese, and Japanese)
- Contact Us : 1644-2992
- Website : www.bustago.or.kr (Languages: English, Chinese, and Japanese)
- Contact Us : 1644-3070
- Website : txbuse.t-money.co.kr (Languages: English, Chinese, and Japanese)
Airport BusesAirport buses travel to Incheon International Airport and Gimpo International Airport. Bus routes vary and have different operating schedules and fares depending on the operating region. More details are available at the Incheon and Gimpo International Airports websites.
Incheon International AirportWebsite: www.airport.kr > Transportation/Parking > Public Transportation > Search Bus (Languages: English, Chinese, and Japanese)
Gimpo International AirportWebsite: www.airport.kr/gimpo/main.do > Transportation/Parking > Public Transportation > Search Bus (Languages: English, Chinese, and Japanese)
Airport Railroad Express (AREX)In addition to airport buses, the airport railroad is another option for getting to Incheon International Airport quickly and easily. More details are available at the AREX website: www.arex.or.kr (Languages: English, Chinese and Japanese).
TaxisAll taxis operating in Korea use meters. Base fares vary depending on the type of taxi, such as standard, international, premium, and jumbo taxis.
TrainsFour types of trains are available with different stravel times: KTX, SRT, Saemaeul, and Mugunghwa. SRT and KTX are faster but more expensive than the other two options. More details about stations and fares are available at the KORAIL website (www.korail.com) and the SRT website (etk.srail.co.kr).
Driver’s License Acquisition
Exchanging a Foreign License for a Korean License
Review documents submitted for the application, including a certificate accredited by the embassyAdditional documents will be required for the examination process if necessary.
Aptitude test (physical examination) and written testHolders of licenses from the list of recognized nations are exempt from the written test when exchanging for a Korean license.
Exchange of a foreign license for a Korean license
※ A certificate for the validity and authentication of the license accredited by your embassy or an Apostille: Applicants are required to submit one of the following documents issued within a year from the date of application to verify the foreign driver’s license.
- A certificate issued in Korean or in English by your country’s embassy in Korea or by the Korean embassy in your country
- A certificate issued in Korean or in English by a member country of the Apostille Convention
International Driving Permit
|Location for Application||
※ When applying at a police station, check if the station can issue international driving permits, and bring a credit/debit card for the application.
|Processing Fee||KRW 8,500|
Foreigners without Driver’s Licenses
- Foreigners who do not hold driver’s licenses can obtain driver’s licenses in Korea following the same procedures as for local residents.
- For more details, visit the Korea Road Traffic Authority website or contact its call center .
- Korea Road Traffic Authority call center : Contact Us : 1577-1120 / Website : www.koroad.or.kr/en_web/index.do