Public · Convenient Facilities
- Investment Guide
- Living Information
- Transportation and Public · Convenient Facilities
- Public · Convenient Facilities
Administrative AgenciesThe administrative agencies that foreigners may visit for their everyday lives include eup (town) and myeon (township) offices, dong (neighborhood) community support centers and si (city), gun (county), gu (district) offices. Civil documents can be issued through certificate issuing kiosks installed in major subway stations or at a public service website called Minwon 24 (www.minwon.go.kr) without the need to visit an agency.
The Minwon 24 website provides services in seven languages for foreign users, including English, Chinese, and Japanese.
Police Stations (☏ 112)
Fire Stations (☏ 119)In the event of a fire or emergency, call 119 for an immediate response.
Base RatesRegular mail: KRW 380 (25g), registered mail: KRW 3,500 (1kg), ePost Shipping: KRW 5,000 (2kg)
- Location : Post offices across the country, postal agencies
- Major services : Mailing, shipping (parcel delivery), banking, and insurance
- Operating hours : 09:00~16:30 Monday to Friday (financial services) / 9:00~18:00 Monday to Friday (postal services)
- Contact : +82-1588-1300 / +82-2-2108-9895
- Zip codes : Find zip codes at any post office across the country, Internet Post Office (http://www.epost.kr), Korea Post (http://www.koreapost.go.kr) or the post office mobile application
- International mail services are categorized into letter post service, parcel delivery, and Express Mail Service (EMS). In general, the weight limits are 20kg for parcel delivery and 30kg for EMS. Postage rates and delivery prices vary depending on the country of destination, type, size, and weight of the parcel. Weight limits also vary depending on shipping destinations. More details are available at the post office or ePost website.
- Zip codes in Korea are five-digit numbers and can be looked up at the Naver Zip Code Search or ePost website.
- Rates : Check EMS rates at the website (http://koreapost.go.kr). For international mailing and shipping rates, contact the Korea Post call center.
- EMS : Express Mail Service provides quick and safe overseas delivery of letters, documents, and parcels. The number of destination countries is rising. EMS currently delivers to 143 countries, and EMS Premium service is available for the remaining 72 countries.
|Name of Company||Website||Phone||Language|
|DHL Korea||https://www.logistic.dhl||1588-0001||Korean, English|
Operating Hours09:00 ~ 16:00 (closed on weekends and public holidays)
Opening an Account and Bankbook
- Application : Visit a branch
Required Documents : [residents] passport, alien registration card, personal seal (signature) [non-residents] passport, driver’s license, credit card, personal seal (signature)
※ A list of required documents may vary depending on the types of bank or account. More details are available at banks.
- Note : An address in Korea and contact information must be presented when using a passport or a travel certificate to verify identification. It must also be accompanied by supporting documents (ID card issued by home country, a credit card used in Korea or a certificate of tax payment in Korea) to verify identification.
Domestic Branches of Foreign Banks