News & Event

• Home
  • News
  • News & Event
Daegu to revitalize the fabless industry with signing an MOU with I2S
Date
Views

According to Yonhap News,

On February 1, Daegu-si signed an MOU with Ideas2Silicon(I2S), established by Uniquify, headquartered in Silicon Valley, USA, to revitalize the fabless industry (a company specizlied in semiconductor design).

Uniquify is specializes in system semiconductor design, semiconductor design assets, AI technology development and commercialization, with branches in Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, Vietnam, Japan, and India. I2S is a new corporation established by Uniquify in Daegu last year.

The two parties to the agreement promised mutual cooperation to revitalize the fabless industry in Daegu, train local talents for semiconductor design, hiring local talents first, and expand local investment.

Daegu-si explained that I2S has decided to base in Daegu because of abundant manpower in semiconductor trained in Kyungpook National University and DGIST, laying the foundation to foster professionals and the company's growth.

The city plans to create the ecosystem for the fabless industry this year, including the establishment of intelligent semiconductor design support center, after having focused on the establishment of R&D infrastructure and specialized personnel fostering system to develop the semiconductor industry in the past.

Daegu's mayor said, "with this agreement, we will not spare policy support to help I2S grow into a leading fabless company in connection with Daegu's future new industries such as the robot, mobility, and healthcare."

duck@yna.co.kr

Source Text

Copyrights Yonhap News. All Rights Reserved.
Reprint or redistribution without permission is prohibited.

Source: Yonhap News (January 28, 2024)

** This article was translated from Korean.