New and Renewable Energy Industry
- Daegu's New Future Industry
- New and Renewable Energy Industry
World-class Clean Energy Self-Sufficient City
- Hosted the 22nd World Energy Congress (2013)
- Korea’s first block-type microgrid constructed at the Daegu National Industrial Complex (2018)
- Energy self-sufficient city established at Daegu Technopolis (-2021)
- The World Gas Conference 2021 to be hosted (June 21-25, 2021)
Foundation for the Energy Industry
- Daegu is committed to becoming a clean energy, self-reliant city by expanding various clean energy sources, including solar, fuel cell, and LNG, across the city.
- A target has been set for an electrical energy self-reliance rate of 100% (2.5GW) by 2030; 20% (0.56GW) as of late 2018.
- The expansion of clean energy sources will serve as an opportunity to promote new energy industries.
- Energy companies from home and abroad will have access to test-beds at the National Industrial Complex and Daegu Technopolis as part of efforts to promote new energy industries.
- Infrastructure for hydrogen production and supply has been established.
- Daegu’s 1st Seongseo Hydrogen Refueling Station constructed (Galsan-dong, Dalseo-gu)
- · 1Up to 50 cars or 10 buses can be charged per day. The hydrogen-CNG complex refueling station helps reduce operating costs.
- · By-product hydrogen from the petrochemical complex is supplied using tube trailers.
- Daegu’s 2nd Gwaneum Hydrogen Refueling Station constructed (Gwaneum-dong, Buk-gu)
- · Up to 150 cars or 30 buses can be charged per day. The hydrogen-CNG complex refueling station ensures the stable supply of hydrogen.