• Home
  • News
  • News & Event
KINGS Opened to Cultivate Experts in Nuclear Energy
Date
Views
제목 없음

According to Yonhap News,

The Korea Electric Power Corporation International Nuclear Graduate School (KINGS) held an opening ceremony at its campus in Ulju, Ulsan City.

The opening ceremony attracted about 200 important figures and 61 new students from home and abroad.

"I hope the KINGS would contribute to cultivating talents required in the nuclear sector. Our graduates will play a major role in the nuclear energy field after completing our programs, introduced for the first time in the world," said Director Kim Jung-gyeong.

During inauguration speech, President Park Gun-cheol said, "Based on my experience in Seoul National University (SNU) as a professor of Nuclear Engineering Department and know-how accumulated in various sectors in policy abd technological development, I will do my best to cultivate talents in the nuclear energy sector."

President Park got his doctoral program at the U.S. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1982 after completing his master's program at SNU. Starting from SNU's professor, he served as a commissioner of cultivation of talents in nuclear energy and nuclear safety, president of Korea Nuclear Energy Institute, commissioner of nuclear energy and vice president of Korea Institute of Science and Technology Evaluation and Planning.

The first students of KINGS include 32 people from domestic nuclear energy-related businesses and 29 people recommended by 5 nations including Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa and Kenya preparing for introducing the nuclear energy,

The KINGS is established with the investment from five nuclear-related public corporations including Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO), Korae Hydro & Nuclear Power Corporation, Korea Power Engineering Company, KEPCO KPS and Korea Nuclear Fuel Corporation.

Source Text

Source: Yonhap News (Mar. 2, 2011)

** This is an English translation of a Korean text.