- Investment Strengths
- Foreign-invested Companies – Success Stories
- Samik THK
Samik THK was founded in 1960 to produce engineer’s files. It started making iron rice boxes for domestic use in 1972. In an attempt to diversify its business, the company started producing linear motion systems in 1984. It signed an agreement in 1991 with Japan THK, the world’s leading linear motion bearing maker, on joint venture and technology transfer. The 46 year-old company succeeded in domestic production of LM GUIDE for the first time in Korea, and it current flagship item is LM system, necessary for plant automation and semiconductor devices. Its affiliates includes Samik Autotec Co., Ltd., Kiriu-Samik Co., Ltd., Samik Precision Industry Co., Ltd., THK-Samik Slide Co., Ltd., and Samik HDS Co., Ltd..
- Investor: THK, Japan
- Founded in May 1960
- CEO: Jin, Young-hwan
- Number of employees: 342
- Key products: LM system, Mechatronics system, harmonic drive
- Address: 1005 Woram-dong, Dalseo-gu, Daegu Metropolitan City
- May 1960: Founded Samik Industrial Company
- May 1991: Agreed on joint venture and technology transfer with THK Japan
- May 2001: Changed the company’s name to Samik LMS Co., Ltd.
- April 2006: Changed the company’s name to Samik THK Co., Ltd.